Block Insulation: CoreFoam Masonry Foam Insulation can be used to insulate masonry concrete block walls either by side; top or pressure fill applications. It provides the highest R-Values among all integrated insulation systems, including Perlite; Vermiculite or Inserts. Usually block size includes 6″; 8″; 10″ and 12″ CMU are easily insulated in both running and stacked bond walls systems.
The pressure fill application is the most common installation method and requires personnel drilling a 7/8″ diameter hole into either the face of the block if the walls will be painted and or the bed joints. Pressure filling generates a complete fill of the masonry cores, as long as there are no obstructions; the head joints and the bed joints as the foam moves up and down the vertical cores as well as horizontally through the head joints of the wall system.
Wythe and other Cavity Fill Methods: CoreFoam Masonry Foam Insulation completely fills the cavity between the double walls; fascia walls; utility brick wall systems or concrete wall systems producing excellent sealing around pipe chases and conduits; fixtures; and fittings while still allowing the wall to weep as constructed.
Ace Resources’ Personnel collectively has been closing underground storage tanks with Foam since 1992. We work with environmental; tank cleaning; heating oil; commercial building owners and residential customers who need to close their non-regulated underground storage tanks. We also work on regulated storage tanks that cannot be removed because of the location of the tanks – under buildings; in sub-basements of buildings; large septic tanks taken out of commission one year but opened again in two years by removing just the foam.
The Solution for Hard-to-Insulate Areas Monoglass® combines soft glass fibers and polymer adhesive to create a non-combustible, non-toxic, insulation that can be quickly spray applied to virtually any surface or configuration. With an R-value of 4.00/inch, installations of R-20 overhead, or R-28 on vertical surfaces can be applied quickly and easily in one pass without costly, slow layering or mechanical support.
Monoglass is applied by Ace Resources’ Personnel using approved equipment, ensuring quality control and consistency.
- Non-combustible Class 1 building material
- 0 Flame Spread / 0 Smoke Development
- Can be applied over fireproofing materials to add thermal/acoustic insulation
- Inorganic fiberglass insulation won’t support mold growth
- Minimum 25% re-cycled content add to LEED credits
- Provides R-4.00 / inch thermal resistance
- Can also be used as an effective acoustic insulation, providing NRC .95 with just 2 inches
- Reduces sound transmission between spaces
- Can be applied on horizontal surfaces up to 5″ thick without mechanical support, providing R-20
- Can be applied on vertical surfaces up to 7″ thick without mechanical support, providing R-28
- Quick, one pass application with no layering required.